We travel to other countries to experience new things and new cultures, but most of all we travel to get a change of scenery. Going from one city and seeing the local landmarks might satisfy most tourists, but those with a bit of an adventurous spirit might want something more.
When you are a tourist you feel bolder and less restricted so you might want to try out things you normally would never attempt. Extreme sports come to mind, like bungee jumping or paragliding, yet when you think about it better, you might chicken out of it. Fortunately there are ways to experience an adrenaline rush while at the same time gaze upon a scenery that will fill your whole soul with piece and awe, and the most popular one is the skywalk.
There are many skywalks around the world, some are tall buildings in the city and others are viewing platforms in the wilderness, but the view you see from all of them are too amazing for words.
Here are 20 of the more popular skywalks out there.
1. Capilano Suspension Bridge, North Vancouver, Canada
2. Skywalk on Tianmen Mountain, China
3. Dachstein Stairway to Nothingness, Austria
4. OCBC Skyway, Supertree Grove, Singapore
5. Oriental Pearl Tower, Shanghai, China
6. Stegastein Lookout, Norway
7. Skywalk X, Macau Tower, China
8. Tiefenbachkogl Viewing Platform in the Tyrolean Alps, Austria
9. The Ledge at Chicago’s Willis Tower, USa
10. Langkawi Sky Bridge, Malaysia at Machinchang Mountain
11. Grand Canyon Skywalk, USA
12. Oryukdo Skywalk, South Korea
13. Tamborine Rainforest Skywalk, Australia
14. Chamonix Skywalk, The Void, Aiguille du Midi Mountain in the French Alps
15. 5 Fingers, Krippenstein Austrian Alps
16. Kinzua Skywalk, USA
17. Matteo Thun’s Viewing Platform, Italy
18. EdgeWalk, CN Tower, Toronto, Canada
19. AlpspiX Viewing Platform; Germany
20. Glacier Skywalk near Jasper, Alberta, Canada