Norway is one of the oldest countries in Europe with rich history and heritage.
Probably best known for the vikings and the Norse mythology, Norway hides many timeless wonders that will take your breath away, like their amazing architecture that takes you back to the land of Viking myths and legends.
The beauty here is that the buildings seem to blend in with nature, becoming a part of it.
From Stave churches to the traditional wooden houses constructed in the vernacular style, you can admire the beauty of centuries of architectural development, that will make you feel like you’ve stepped into a fairy tale.
Here are 21 images of the wonders hidden away in Norway’s countryside.
1. Bridge Over Låtefossen Waterfall; Odda, Hordaland
2. Fantoft Stave Church, Bergen
3. Rogaland, Gullingen
4. Borgund Stavkirke
5. Seter Huts In Norangdal Valley
6. Lake Bondhus, Bondhusbreen
7. Renndølsetra, Sunndal
8. King Oscar Ii Chapel, Grense, Jakobselv
9. Kvednafossen Waterfall, Oppland
10. Fjord Houses, Stryn
11. A House In Tjøme
12. Bridge In Norway
13. Borgund Stave Church
14. Aurora Over The Small Fishing Village Bugøynes
15. Old Village
16. An Old Sæter House, Sykkylven
17. A Natural Pool In The Forest, Oslo
18. An Ancient Road, Vindhellavegen
19. Hunderfossen, Lillehammer
20. Old Farm In Vingelen, From The 15th Century
22. A Barn and Barn Bridge In Valldal Valley
You’d almost expect to see fairy folk walking about.