2. Hang a tapestry or colorful rug behind your bed, like Chris and Jenny did intheir Williamsburg home.
3. Buy or DIY a hanging planter. Plants add color to your room AND clean the air.
4. Put a few pairs of your favorite shoes on display.
5. A flag hung on the wall is a great way to show your patriotic spirit… and an inexpensive way to fill a whole wall.
6. Take advantage of this easy and and inexpensive method for creating poster-sized enlargements of your favorite photos.
7. Find some cheap framed art at the thrift store and add your own creative twist.
8. If you’ve got room for a bookcase, try your hand at this impressive IKEA hack.
9. Dress up your walls with washi tape. It’s cheap and totally temporary.
10. Take inspiration from one of these 10 creative ways to hang string lights.
11. Create a DIY canopy for your bed.
12. Make some of these floor poufs for extra seating.
13. Make this DIY hanging chair (but first make sure it’s okay to hang things from the ceiling!).
14. Here are 10 ways to make cinderblock furniture that doesn’t look totally terrible.
15. Or try out one of these 10 unusual things to use as a nightstand.
16. Here’s a quick and easy IKEA hack that also makes a great place to stash your stuff.
17. Line crates with pretty paper and hang them on the wall, or stack them to make shelves.
18. Feeling ambitious? Try this space saving wall mounted lamp DIY.
19. Hang up one of these free botanical art prints.
20. Add a little texture to your space with some sheepskins.
21. Make this macrame curtain (or keep knotting all the way down for a cool wall hanging).
22. Try one of these large scale string art ideas.
23. If you’re super crafty, you could create a frame with some lumber and make this beautiful rug.
24. Hang some clipboards on the wall and use them for a rotating display of art.