Finding extra space in a house can be challenging, but if you’ve got some stairs, you can learn these DIY Hacks To Use The Space Under Your Stairs right! You may be interested to know there are more ways than one to use the space under your stairs. With these 27 DIY Hacks and Tips you’ll learn how to use the space under your stairs like a pro!
You can use the space under your stairs for things like a storage space, shelving for your books and mugs, clothes closet or even a place for reading or having a snooze. These ideas are surely some great ways to to bring some space saving ideas to your home.
1. Create a special spot for all your precious books.
2. Or a hidden coat closet.
3. Too many towels? Build slide out drawers for extra storage.
4. Or tiered shelves that mirror your steps.
5. No time for built-ins? Stack shelves or a credenza under your stairs for a sleek look.
6. Create a sweet area for coveted keepsakes and photos.
7. Or perfect little cubby holes for everyone in your family.
8. Hang a few bike racks and free up crucial floor space.
9. Fancy a drink? Install a custom bar.
Porebski Architects / Via houzz.com
10. Use wicker baskets to store all your crap.
Structures Building, Inc.
11. Create a secret spot to squirrel away your booze.
Smith & Vansant Architects PC
12. Drowning in wine bottles? Asymmetrical shelves will do the storage trick for you.
Freddy Hill of Bomb Factory / Via House Crashers
13. Maybe you need a book nook.
Handwerk Interiors / Via houzz.com
14. Flat file shelves are great for storing artwork or important papers.
Scrafano Architects / Via houzz.com
15. How about some mirrored doors?
HP Rovinelli Architects / Via houzz.com
16. Or some drawers in the stairs themselves?
Henarise Pty Ltd
17. Maybe some cool abstract cut outs are more your speed.
18. Fit vintage crates in the underused areas.
19. Keep your TV in a special spot.
20. Create a special sitting area.
21. Or a cozy reading nook.
22. Or even a workspace.
23. Not enough privacy? Build out a secret room!
Only slightly creepy.
24. Or a cute kid-sized playroom.
Von Fitz Design / Via houzz.com
25. What about a ~secret~ bathroom?
Not too shabby!
26. Or some extra counter space in your kitchen?
27. Here’s a little window seat that snuck in under the stairs.