The construction of high rise buildings did not commence until the late 1800’s but sustained its development well past the turn of the century with the first states to see this new growth being New York and Chicago. Through the years the rest of the world decided to join along in redesigning the architectural structure of their skyline but was only able to do so based on their countries economic growth and stability. Today we live in a world where the construction industry has merged closely with some of the finest known architects to not only build the tallest skyscrapers but to give the world a taste of what the future of architecture will look like. Gone are the days of mediocre low rise box shaped conventional buildings because the talk of the town is now about the most genius and uniquely shaped architectural design structure for the future of urban areas. There are hundreds of well known structures in the world that have been built with an advanced architectural design but I have chosen only 45 to simply draw attention to the growing development in construction, architecture and design industries. In this article you will see 45 of the most famous buildings in the world that are known for their unconventional architectural structure as a proven sign that the imagery of the world is changing and we are already on our way to a new wave in architectural design.
1. THE BIG’ S RESIDENTIAL TOWERS IN THE YONGSAN INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS DISTRICT IN SEOUL KOREA EXPRESS FAMOUS UNCONVENTIONAL ARCHITECTURAL STRUCTURES
This structure is the brain child of New York architects who designed it with 600 apartments, a gallery and a kindergarten area in order to go with the change to commercial and cultural trend in the country.
2. MILWAUKEE ART MUSEUM IN WISCONSIN
The Miwaukee art museum is a landmark structure comprised of three buildings, the War Memorial center, the Cadahy Gardens and the Quadracci Pavilion. It was ianugurated in 1882 for the purpose of having an art gallery in Milwaukee; today it has well over 400,000 visitors.
3 .THE RYUGYONG HOTEL IN NORTH KOREA
4 .SINGAPORE’S STUNNING DIGITAL CLOUD SKYSCRAPER IS
The digital cloud structure was a finalist in a competition to designed a pavilion for the world expo in 2010.
5. THE BEIRUT RESIDENTIAL BUILDING IN LEBANON IS AN UNCONVENTIONAL ARCHITECTURAL STRUCTURE
6. THE GOLF CLUB HOSTIVAR IN PRAGUE CZECH REPUBLIC EXPRESSES AN UNCONVENTIONAL STRUCTURE
The structure is also called the toothpick building.
7 .THE ETIHAD TOWERS IN ABU DHABI UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
This is a complex building with five towers that was completed in 2011 and built for residential purposes.
8 .THE NATIONAL BANK OF KUWAIT TOWER IS AN UNCONVENTIONAL DISPLAY OF STRUCTURE AND DESIGN
9. MARINE BAY SANDS CASINO IN SINGAPORE
10. THE GUANGZHOU OPERA HOUSE IN CHINA IS AN UNCONVENTIONAL ARCHITECTURAL STRUCTURE
11. THE HEYDAR ALIYEV CENTER IN BAKU AZERBAIJAN ZAHA HADID’S EXPRESSIVE STRUCTURAL FORM
12. THE DANCING HOUSE IN PRAGUE CZECH REPUBLIC
13. THE GUANGDONG MUSEUM IN CHINA
14. THE NATIONAL MUSEUM OF THE AMERICAN INDIAN A FLUID ORGANIC STRUCTURAL FORM
15 .THE OPUS TOWER IN DUBAI UNITED ARAB EMIRATES AS A SIGN OF MODERNITY
16 .THE PHARE TOWER IN PARIS – A NEW ERA’S DESIGN LINE
17 .THE SOLAR CITY TOWER IN RIO DE JANEIRO DEFINES UNCONVENTIONAL DESIGN
18. THE MUMBAI TOWER IN INDIA IS AN UNCONVENTIONAL EXPOSE OF FACADES AND VOLUMES
19. PETERSEN AUTOMOTIVE MUSEUM IN L.A CALIFORNIA REFLECTS ITS DESTINATION IN A FLAWLESS FLUIDITY
20 .THE BINOCULARS BUILDING IN L.A CALIFORNIA
21. THE MAURITIUS COMMERCIAL BANK IN MAURITIUS
#22 THE DUBAI TOWERS IN DUBAI
23. THE NAMASTE HOTEL TOWER IN MUMBAI INDIA IS AN UNCONVENTIONAL ARCHITECTURAL STRUCTURE EXPRESSING CULTURAL MOTIFS
24. THE WINE MUSEUM IN SANTIAGO CHILE IS AN UNCONVENTIONAL ARCHITECTURAL STRUCTURE IN AN ORGANIC SHAPE
25. THE STRAWBERRY BUILDING IN BRAZIL IS A FUN COLORFUL LITERAL DISPLAY
26. STRASBOURG CATHEDRAL FOLD IN FRANCE IS AN ELEGANT ARCHITECTURAL STRUCTURE
27. DESIGN MUSEUM HOLON IN ISRAEL IS AN UNCONVENTIONAL ARCHITECTURAL STRUCTURE EXPRESSING FLUIDITY AND CONTINUITY
28. THE ABSOLUTE TOWERS IN CANADA ARE FAMOUS AND UNCONVENTIONAL
29. THE WHITE TOWER BUILDING IN SPAIN
30. THE ZABEEL TOWER IN DUBAI IS AN UNCONVENTIONAL STRUCTURE TRANSFORMED IN LANDMARK THROUGH ITS ELONGATED SHAPE
31.THE GUGGENHEIM MUSEUM IN SPAIN
32 THE RUBIK’ S CUBE MUSEUM IN HUNGARY IS AN UNCONVENTIONAL MONUMENTAL STRUCTURE
33. THE SCI-FI TOWER SKYSCRAPER IN L.A IS AN UNCONVENTIONAL ADVANCED ARCHITECTURAL STRUCTURE CONCEPT
34. THE TRUMP INTERNATIONAL HOTEL AND TOWER IN DUBAI – THE ARCHITECTURE TO BE
35. THE BLUE TAPE TOWER IN DUBAI
36. THE TAIWAN TOWERS IN TAIWAN EXPRESS THE INTEREST FOR THE NEED OF GREENERY IN MODERN CITIES
37. THE CRESCENT MOON TOWER IN DUBAI
38. THE TEA POT SHAPED MUSEUM IN CHINA IS A LITERAL ARCHITECTURAL STRUCTURE EXPRESSING THEIR TEA CULTURE
39. THE DC TOWER 1 IN AUSTRIA
40. THE MINERVA BUILDING IN LONDON IS A MODERN DISPLAY OF ARCHITECTURAL STRUCTURE
41. THE GHERKIN OR ALSO CALLED 30 ST MARY AXE IN LONDON
42. THE LEANING TOWER OF ABU DHABI ALSO KNOWN AS CAPITAL GATE
43. THE PACIFIC DESIGN CENTER IN CALIFORNIA
44. THE UNIVERSUM SCIENCE CENTER MUSEUM IN GERMANY
45 .THE AQUADOM IN BERLIN GERMANY
Like What You”r Reading ? Subscribe Our Top Stories.