The French have never been accused of sacrificing style for anything. While modern Paris may have moved away from powdered wigs and bustles, there is still a certain stylistic effort in everything they do. Though these Parisian homes do not share just one style, each takes a cue from the French attention to detail while reflecting their occupants deepest desires and most powerful passions. In these Parisian apartments and home we will see that the French style is about incorporating the old with the new and letting unique pieces complement one another and stand together, rather than creating a look wherein every piece “matches.
3. This attic apartment makes use of every opportunity to create and play with its black and red theme. From throw pillows to cheeky art and an enviable Eames chair, the apartment matches itself without feeling overly done.
5. Not every Parisian space will make such dramatic use of red, but it makes this French studio apartment feel like a delicious den of passion.
7. It is also interesting to note the variety of rugs and other floor coverings used throughout these Parisian spaces. The different textures protect antique wood flooring while make the whole space more comfortable and dampening echoes in close quarters.
8. Despite a simple design, this apartment is made incredibly homey by the inclusion of one simple houseplant. Bringing the outdoors inside can help occupants to remember and hope for spring, even in the rainy, dreary winter months.
11. This apartment, with its wrought iron balcony railing and floor-to-ceiling bookshelves is indicative of the French way of life. Reading, relaxing, and celebrating beauty. The black furnishings are another popular theme throughout these French homes.
14. Although this loft has a much more open and modern feel than some of the other spaces in this roundup, the massive central chandelier and textured furnishings, including an Asian-inspire floor pillow, indicate that it knows its place.
18. The open living area flows seamlessly into a massive, gleaming kitchen with a golden tile back splash and huge amounts of counter space. The perfect retreat for any Parisian gourmand.
23 . Again, bookshelves and patterned rugs bring a distinctive lived-in feel to this Paris home. A leather armchair is a timeless addition to this library nook.
27. Modern, convertible furnishings give the occupants of this downstairs room a place to site, sleep, dream, and even meditate.
28. Another home of nature lovers, putting these easy to care for succulents and plants on different levels creates art from living things.
29. Not many Paris homes would have the luxury of a courtyard as big as this.
31. Not many Paris homes would have the luxury of a courtyard as big as this.
35.The handing vines in this interesting living area, along with the colorful garlands, give the impression of a constant French-Polynesian luau.
37. Simple sofas and subtle lighting turn this almost medieval space into something perfect for a modern Parisian bachelor
39. There is no mistaking the classic elements of this home with massive double doors closing off the living room and intricate molding on the ceiling. Adding a modern coffee table and letting in plenty of light makes this luxurious apartment fit for any level of entertaining.
44. Mismatched side tables and an antique wall as a headboard make this bright Parisian bedroom beautiful, cozy, and chic.
46. And here, another instance of highlighting the natural ceiling beams, allowing the irregular wood grain to shine rather than trying to hide it beneath paint or finishes.
50. While not every Parisian home has the space for a gourmet kitchen, there is still plenty of attention paid to the details of this central space, from the butcher block counter tops to a gleaming hood over the stove top.
53. Using the vertical space is always essential in an urban environment. Here we see books stacked clear to the ceiling, with easy access from a rolling librarian’s ladder.
55. While heavy curtains and chevron flooring would be at home in any antique dining room, the choice of bright purple chairs situates this space in contemporary Fran
This Parisian home clearly embraces its roots with gorgeous crown molding, delicate chandeliers and beautiful antique furnishings. Still, we can see hints of the more modern in the white leather sofa and worn coffee table.
Image Courtesy: Emile Garcin Properties